Why do I need to stage my occupied home to sell if it is beautifully decorated?
- Even the most beautifully decorated homes need to be staged because staging and decorating are different.
- The way you live in your home and the way you market and sell your home are different.
- Decorating involves personalizing your home to reflect your taste and your personality. Decorating with personal photos and awards draws the attention to your mementos and away from your house. Mementos are great conversation starters when you live in a home, but you want potential buyers to focus on your house and not your “stuff” when selling. Your “stuff” is not for sale.
- Staging involves neutralizing or depersonalizing your home so that the most potential buyers can envision themselves living there.
- Your home goes from a home to a house to a product when you put it on the market for sale. Your home needs to be marketed just like any other product.
- You wouldn’t sell your car without detailing it and you shouldn’t sell your house without staging it either. You deserve to get the most amount of money for your house!
- Even in a great real estate market, staging helps you sell for more money faster.
Why do I need to stage my vacant home?
- Vacant rooms are confusing.
- Buyers need to visualize where their furniture can be placed.
- Buyers only know what they see, not the way it is going to be.
- You need to paint a picture for them with furniture and accessories.
Should I wait to see if my house sells before staging it?
- The best time to stage your home is before you put it on the market.
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- You want your appraiser to value your home at the highest possible price.
- Contact Us to learn more about why Staging with us will benefit you!
Virginia Home Staging-maryland Home Staging-West Virginia Home Staging-Virginia Home Stager Directory-Maryland Home stager Director-West Virginia Home stager Directory-Virginia Staging Consultations-Virginia Rental Furniture & Accessories-Staging Statistics-Staging Costs-Decorating to Sell in VA-Sell my house fast in VA-Sell my house fast in MD-Staging Costs-Preparing My House for Sale
Michelle Morris, ASPM, ASP, IAHSP
Home Staged Designs, LLC